Reapers (also called "Rapers") are floating mechanical squid-like NPCs occasionally fought as the boss of High Security PvE missions.
Reapers have two attacks and one defensive ability:
- They are able to chain fire slow moving energy balls (listed as 'Grenades' in the post-death screen) that will track the Reaper's target and explode in an AoE when it encounters an obstacle or target.
- They are also able to fire a short-range laser (called a 'Pain Beam') from the tips of the tentacle-like appendages, dealing significant Ranged damage to the target.
- Lastly, they are able to curl into a ball while floating, ignoring any damage dealt to them. When the reaper comes out of this state there is a significant knockback and damage to all nearby players, similar to the assaults Overcharge ability. However, a robotics player can melee the back of the Reaper to power sap the shield so this does not happen. However, a robotics using a wrench cannot do this because it cannot power sap.
- Avoid the moving energy balls they deal high damage, but can be easily dodged.
- Do not come too close to the Reaper since it's very likely it will use the pain beam on you.
- When the target becomes immune, kill the remaining reinforcements. If you have a robotics, sap him so you can continue to deal more damage to the reaper instead of wasting time when all reinforcements are dead.